Friday, April 01, 2011

Ensenada Grace




Last Saturday I drove down to Ensenada with my friend, Brodie. He was kind enough to volunteer to be my ride to and from the YWAM base where I was scheduled to speak over a 3 day period.

On the way down to Ensenada I reflected a little about how God had opened this door for me. It started months ago when I began to pray (near the end of last year) that the Lord would open up new opportunities for me in 2011 to teach about the Gospel of the Kingdom, Following Jesus, and God's Heart for the Poor.

The first thing that happened was that a friend handed me an envelope of cash and said, "This is so you can get your passport". (Thanks Mike!)

About the time I got my passport I got an email from my friend William who volunteers at the YWAM base. He asked me if I could come and speak for 3 days to several youth groups who were coming down to build houses for poor families in Ensenada, Mexico. The theme of the week? "The Kingdom of God".

My time there was a great blessing and I got to share 4 different messages about the Kingdom of God. Spiritually it was an uphill battle, but by the final night the dam broke and several kids came forward to respond to the calling to follow Jesus and surrender their lives to Him.

Now I'm praying that God would open even more doors for me to share about the Kingdom of God and our blessed opportunity to follow Jesus daily.

Let the Kingdom come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing post for April Fool's Day. Because truly only a fool would believe in a God who honors the poor, and a kingdom of heaven that is actually presently tangible.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing post for April Fool's Day. Because truly only a fool would believe in a God who honors the poor, and a kingdom of heaven that is actually presently tangible.